The Mission of the Tucson Fire Cadet Program is to promote Strength of Character through Firefighter Training, Education, Physical Fitness and Selfless Community Service.
Choosing a career can be a difficult choice. Tucson Fire Department Cadet Program offers high school students the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the firefighting profession.
Classroom Education and Hands-On Training In:
- Fire Prevention
- Hose and Hose Handling
- Fire Science
- Aerial Ladder Climbing
- Medical Emergencies
- Contact with the Tucson Fire Department on a regular basis
- Earn Ride-Along Privileges
- Opportunity to Become a Cadet Lieutenant
- A Mentoring Program; Should you decide to test for a position of the Tucson Fire Department
Accepted Candidates Must:
- Maintain 80% on all exams
- Participate in all hands on activities (including physical fitness program)
- Follow ALL rules and regulations of the Tucson Fire Department, AND the laws of:
- The City of Tucson
- The State of Arizona
- The United States
- The Federal Government
- Good character
- Good physical condition
- 14 - 18 years of age
- Provide own transportation
- Be recommended by a high school vocational or career counselor
- Must have completed Freshman year of high school
Applicants must successfully complete a multistep entrance procedure consisting of:
- Complete application and delivery by posted closing date.
- A one-hundred word essay on: "Why I want to be a Tucson Fire Department Cadet"
- A fifteen minute interview
An application can be obtained through your high school counseling center or below.